Christmas lights and decorations are expected to be extraordinary for the 2020 holiday season! A family car ride to see Christmas lights is a safe holiday event that many people are excited about. Lights and Christmas signs will bring something magical to the end of a tumultuous year. Expect to see extra festive lights, displays, signs and lawn décor in your town!
There are many wonderful ways to decorate for the holidays, but we’ve narrowed our list down to our top 4 favorite themes. We have the signs and stencils to help you decorate with each of these themes!
1. Prepare for Santa’s Landing!
Whether we’ve been naughty or nice in 2020, we will all be expecting something extra special from Santa’s Workshop! Kids and adults alike are excited to bring Christmas magic to their homes and yards to make Santa and his reindeer feel welcome. Here’s how you can get ready for Santa’s visit to your neighborhood, yard and home:
- Lead the way to your home with festive street signs
- Make sure neighbors know to drive carefully when flying reindeer are near
- Mark Santa’s landing zone
- Make sure there’s adequate parking for Santa’s sleigh
- Prepare the kids for Santa’s arrival with a Santa Stop Here sign!
- Make sure Santa knows which family and pets have been good or bad this year! Design your own yard sign.
2. Create Your Own Woodland Winter Theme
If you want to make your yard look like a festive winter wonderland, go for classic reindeer, woodland creatures, pine cones and other forest inspired décor. Whether you’re in a mild or snowy climate, you can turn to mother nature for all the best décor!
- Create your own rustic reindeer wooden signs with white paint and a stencil! You can make them of all sizes, and lean them next to your front door for a warm welcome
- Create pine cone mulch to make a festive entry to your cozy home
- Find unique, creative décor like this reindeer mobile to hang on your front porch or mark your yard with a Reindeer Lane street sign
- Bring the outdoors inside and make your own pinecone garland!
- Create your own picket-fence snowflakes, or rustic snowflake signs. Use store bought picket fence sections, or find natural elements from your own back yard to create a rustic version of this!
3. Keep it Sweet with Whimsical Christmas Décor
- Create your own decorative yard signs with friendly gingerbread man stencils!
- Show neighbors (and Santa of course) that you’re on this year’s nice list and create your own yard sign!
- Post cute candy cane yard art, and let neighbors know you live on candy cane lane with this festive street sign!
- Create your own durable and lightweight Christmas bells to hang near your front door. See Hallmarks’ ideas here.
- Check out your local Dollar Tree or other dollar store and find lightweight plastic candy cane yard stakes and more affordable finds
- Decorate your front door and windows with colorful candy decals and gingerbread decals!
4. Celebrate Your Loved Ones with Personalized Yard Signs
Loved ones make the season bright! Celebrate your family with personalized Christmas yard signs! Add your favorite family photo and a message from you to everyone who passes by. Send well wishes and holiday happiness, or add a little holiday humor with this ugly Christmas sweater sign.
There are countless ways to celebrate and decorate! If you have unique ideas we’d love to see them. Tag us on Instagram @CustomSigns!